Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Camping!

We had a great weekend camping at a local park. There are interesting cliffs alongside a river, and nice hiking trails following the river. We are happy to live so close to a pretty getaway!

Caedmon did well using the wilderness restroom, and Jonas kept mimicking him, although I am trying to NOT start potty training anytime soon!
Poor Jonas looked like a neglected orphan after camping. There ARE mosquitos in Wisconsin! We did try to DEET them up, but their faces still took a beating. Stay away from my babies!!! It is a catch 22 though as you know, you spray them up and clothe them well, but you don't want to mess with DEET in the eyes, and you all stink and stick to the sleeping bags when you go to bed. Why do we love camping?




Because of the campfire! This was a happy little group until some one year-old whose name will go unmentioned burned Jason with his fire stick. After that the pyromaniac minimum age lifted to 2 years old. Yes, it was Jason's idea to start the manly fire-poking.


In other news, I am LOVING all the fresh produce that accompanies Jason's parents when they stop through here. I now have 1 day-old potatoes, sweet onions, beets, green peppers, carrots, green beans, sugar snap peas, lettuce, and sweet peas. I am giddy with the possibilities for dinners this week! My family will be green yet! We'll see if Jonas still avoids vegetables like the plague if that's all he gets served for a month!
God did something cool for us this week. I was fuming angry at an overdue charge for materials I had returned, totaling $75. Before I could call them, I prayed that I would respond in a way honoring to Christ. Sure enough, Jason came home and said they had called him and it was a mistake. YES!
Have a great week, everyone. Enjoy these last few minutes of summer! Then comes fall, and I believe I now live in a state MADE for fall colors! I can't wait!



3 comments:

  1. Okay, when you start a blog, you are suppose to tell people. Good thing I stumbled upon it. Will look forward to updates!!!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very brave. We have yet to camp minus the one time landon and shaun slept in a tent in our backyard. If you guys feel like doing a fall tour, make sure it includes a stop in Holland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun and makes me reminise (I totally cant spell that word!) Well I have to say that I am so glad that I am not hurting and laying on that lawn chair this summer! I wish we could go camping with your family again! I love the story of Jonas burning Jason. Sounds just like our family!

    ReplyDelete