Sunday, April 4, 2010

You'll burn it!

In the whole of our marriage I have set off the fire alarm exactly twice. Both this last week! Once was a harmless enough crime, toaster crumbs scorching in the bottom of the toaster oven.

The other time was the ole broil mistake. You know-when it says broil for 5 minutes and at exactly 5 minutes your food is crusty black and unsalvagable! I had been craving fresh wheat breadsticks, and they looked PERFECT throughout the process until I added cheese on top and tried to broil them. Jason came in from work to find black smoke pouring from the oven just as the fire alarm pierced through the air. Incidentally, I burst into tears for the first time this pregnancy. I just wanted some breadsticks!!!

So anyway tonight I told Caedmon he could play outside for just a couple minutes while I fixed dinner. He said,
"Don't do that, Mom. You'll burn something and go beep beep beep! If you cook you need to be careful because if you're not careful you'll smoke." Then he looked back at me, threw up his hands and said, "I'm going outside!"

I wanted to tell him he could cook the food for the next week!

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up and you might get out of the kitchen more often.
    Funny you should mention that. I set off my smoke alarm at midnight the other night. Jose was not home and the boys slept through it - scary. The culprit - the steam from my very hot shower. Got my adrenaline going and I could not sleep for a while. All I could think was, what if I had to grab the boys and did not have time to get dressed! SCARY

    ReplyDelete